MetaStore is a metadata repository framework that greatly simplifies the management of
large volumes of metadata documents. Metadata documents are registered and given a
unique identifier, formally quality-controlled and persistently stored.
Furthermore, the stored metadata documents can be versioned, retrieved and searched
via machine-actionable RESTful interfaces. By assigning PIDs (external tool), metadata
documents can be prepared for FAIR principles.
The structure of each metadata document is formally described by a schema.
The internal schema registry manages the metadata schemas (currently XML and JSON)
by registering new schemas, persistent storage, versioning and access to stored schemas.
In the MetaStore, all metadata documents are associated with a registered metadata
schema. At ingest, all metadata documents are formally quality checked by validating
them against the schema.
- Low-threshold access due to simple web user interface.
- Register/Edit/View (XML/JSON) schema
- Ingest/Edit/View (XML/JSON) metadata documents
- Versioning (history) of metadata and schema documents
- Light-weight microservice based on Spring Boot
- Easy installation, e.g., using available Docker images
- (Optional) OAI-PMH support for metadata harvesting
- (Optional) Messaging support via RabbitMQ to process repository events, e.g., resource creation or indexing.
- (Optional) JWT-based authentication and authorization via Keycloak
- (Optional) Elastic-based indexing and search seamlessly integrated and secured
In case you want to have a quick try of MetaStore without any configuration effort, check out our Docker Images.
You'll get a pre-configured instance which can be customized later on according to your preferences.
If you want to read more before you give MetaStore a try, check out the different documents grouped by audience. There you can learn more about the
RESTful API, the Usage, or the Installation.
Looking for Code?
In case you are interested in source-code, check out the GitHub Repository of MetaStore. There
you can also open an Issue to report a bug or to request a new feature.
Quickstart Framework (Linux only)
In case you want to have a quick try of MetaStore framework without any configuration effort, check out our docker compose file.
You'll get a pre-configured instance with a UI and support for search via elasticsearch. Take a look at this site for further information.
- MetaStore v1.4.1 released, published 2024-01-13
- MetaStore v1.4.0 released, published 2023-12-19
- MetaStore v1.3.0 released, published 2023-07-07
- MetaStore v1.2.3 released, published 2023-04-13
- MetaStore v1.2.2 released, published 2023-02-28
- MetaStore v1.2.1 released, published 2023-02-13
- MetaStore v1.2.0 released, published 2023-02-03
- MetaStore v1.1.0 released, published 2022-10-17
- MetaStore v1.0.1 released, published 2022-06-17
- MetaStore v1.0.0 released, published 2022-03-29