The base-repo Service
The base-repo is a generic, general purpose research data repository service offering clear, machine-actionable RESTful interfaces for storing, retrieving and managing research data. Its purpose is to provide a low entrance barrier for research data management by keeping things as complex as necessary but as flexible as possible. Through the use of established technologies, i.e., software frameworks like Spring Boot, and broadly accepted standards, i.e., DataCite as base metadata standard, we provide a secure, maintainable and interoperable basis for entering the field of research data management.
- Light-weight microservice based on Spring Boot
- Easy installation, e.g., using available Docker images
- Full support of DataCite Standard 4.0
- Flexible organization of content in virtual folders
- Configurable versioning of metadata and content, e.g., following the OCFL specification
- (Optional) OAI-PMH support for metadata harvesting
- (Optional) Messaging support via RabbitMQ to process repository events, e.g., resource creation or file upload.
- (Optional) JWT-based authentication and authorization via Keycloak
- (Optional) Elastic-based indexing and search seamlessly integrated and secured
In case you want to have a quick try of base-repo without any configuration effort, check out our Docker Images.
You'll get a pre-configured instance which can be customized later on according to your preferences.
If you want to read more before you give base-repo a try, check out the different documents grouped by audience. There you can learn more about the
RESTful API, the Usage, or the Installation.
Looking for Code?
In case you are interested in source-code, check out the GitHub Repository of base-repo. There
you can also open an Issue to report a bug or to request a new feature.